Friday, April 2, 2010

Joe Dwyer's in Orlando

Joe has kindly given me a key to his house and this USB keyfob with good Couchsurfer and Orlando information. My addition is to relate my experience trying to see Alice In Wonderland IMAX 3D. There are two IMAX theaters in the area, neither of which has a phone number so you can talk to a real person (one's movie line was even out of date). So I plugged their addresses into my GPS and off I went to see what was showing. Well.....turns out that both of them are connected to the huge conglomerates (ie Universal Studios) and you can't park and walk up to a window and talk to someone. They first want you to pay to park (in one case $20 for my very small camper and the other one was a parking garage which I couldn't enter). All around, “they” make it impossible to plan ahead and then inconvenient once I got there. Of course it could be that my Vermont country bumpkin background has added to my difficulty here. At this point I decided to take Joe's advice and go see Park Avenue in Winter Garden.....a super nice place, lots of botiques, parks, fountains, cobblestone streets, beautiful early 19c Florida buildings. All parking is free so I parked the camper and got on my bike and saw the town. Super nice! Even a golf course downtown! Highly recommend this area!


No comments: